This is a very difficult question to answer in absolute terms, because so much will depend upon your own business circumstances. However, we hope the following few points may help you think further as to what may be the best small business telephones for you:
- try to keep in mind that the best small business telephones for another organisation may not be the best solution for you – only an analysis of your requirements and a matching of those against available options, will be able to help you identify suitable solutions;
- clearly, any solution you select for business telecoms must be capable of supporting the functions you require – for example, if you have offices in different locations, you may wish to make use of conference calling between multiple sites, something that some systems and infrastructures can support;
- reliability is typically a critical selection criteria for many businesses large or small and that may suggest that using providers with a globally recognised brand and quality reputation (e.g. Siemens business telephone systems) may help avoid down-time and problems;
- there is a rather inelegant word called scalability that is used to describe how easily a system may be expanded to grow as your business grows – some systems have easy expansion capabilities through plug-in compatible modules and facilities, so they may be more able to cope with your changing needs;
- post-sales support is also an area to pay attention to – that’s because any business telephone system may occasionally go wrong and if it does, you may expect that you’ll receive excellent and prompt support. It may be advisable to make sure, however, that your supplier is capable of delivering that;
- it may also be sensible to ensure that the provider of your telephone system has a verifiable track-record in systems installation – some potentially excellent equipment has delivered sub-optimal post-sales service simply because of installation errors due to a lack of expertise;
- in the final analysis, the business of selecting the best small business telephones may not always be easy – we’d be only too pleased to offer you further help and advice, so why not get in touch today?