Louisa is our guest blogger for April. We invited Louisa to tell us how her desire to achieve maximum results led her to masterminding the popular Sales Roadshow. Over to Louisa…..
“Thank you to Telcare for inviting me to be a guest blogger on your site.
Firstly, let me introduce myself, my name is Louisa Felstead and I trade chiefly within Kent as Facilitator, a sales consultancy.
During the course of my working week, I meet businesses of all types and sizes. One over-riding issue which consistently arises, even with larger, more established businesses, is that of how to best sell their services or products.
Some general questions and advice to get you thinking!
- Does your business have a clear and concise message to portray to potential clients-what are the benefits of using your product or service? This is not a list of what your business does but why it has a value.
- This might sound like a silly question, but-who are your potential clients? Does your business know how to identify who they are or could be?
- Do you ensure that all marketing and sales literature as well as what your staff say and do is in keeping with your business line?
- Sales and marketing have had to change drastically within a short space of time- has your business moved with the times? 25% of all advertising is now on-line. Is social media a forum that your business should embrace?
- Where multi-marketing is used, how important is one to one contact- do people still buy people?
My belief is that sales, like any other part of business is a process which should ideally be integrated to achieve the maximum results possible- thus the idea of a forum to inform and perhaps promote came about.
A number of months ago, I invited a group of like-minded businesses all connected within the sales medium to come together to plan the Sales Roadshow 2011. This is a series of free to attend seminars in which each presenter gives the audience the benefit of their wisdom in a given field. Each business is an expert in their own right. As we live in a time of increasingly sophisticated consumers, the many facets of the sales process are being highlighted within the series of events. We are delighted to say that each of the first three events has been fully booked and well received.
Our next event is to be held at Gillingham Golf Course between 6.00 and 8.00pm on Thursday 14th April.
Subject topics and our talented presenters for this event are:
Search Engine Optimisation to drive potential customers to your web site by Kevin Doherty of SurfMarketing http://www.surfmarketing.co.uk
How to make the correct first sales call by Gill Williams of Contact Marketing http://www.contact-marketing.co.uk
Do what only you can do-Partnering to build a 21st Century business by Kirsten Gibbs of Gibbs and Partners http://www.gibbsandpartners.com
Researching your market by Richard Romain of Answers and Solutions (Kent) http://www.ask-kent.co.uk
For details of how to book a free place on this or later Roadshow events, please see www.facilitator.co.uk
Thank you once again to Telcare for the kind invitation”